Monday, January 29, 2007

WURD

Like I posted previously radio station WDAS is no more. I don't know if they are keeping the same call signal but their format has definitely changed. From what I remember the last time I listened to it it was urging people to "tell all their friends" about the new format - which I think is something like playing and promoting new and local artists - I'm not sure.

So I have since come to find out that there is another talk station call WURD and they call themselves "the information" station. They are very similar to what WHAT was in that they talk alot about the community, community news with listeners calling in. I think the owner (Cody Anderson) is the same guy behind WDAS! They are located at 900 on the AM dial and unfortunately depending upon where you are located the reception will not be clear all the time. I can get them pretty good during the daytime hours but not on all the radios - so it has a lot to do with where your radio(and its antenna) is located. But they also have a website (and a message forum) so you can listen to them via your computer.

Now I have to go and find out how WDAS is doing................................

No comments: