Thursday, January 18, 2007

What Happened to WHAT?

To find out what's going on you can read the news article link below:

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/pennsylvania/16454165.htm

I was shocked when I read it! The "voice of the African American Community" has been silenced! When I turned it on I thought that maybe the high winds had damaged the station's antenna and they were just playing filler music until it was working again. I even tried to find out online about what the problem could be and I couldn't find anything until today - and what a shock it was! Another radio station (its format anyway) has bit the dust! I can't believe it - I'm still shocked! What about Mary Mason? What about Al Butler?

I even tried calling the radio station but it just kept ringing. This radio station provided so much information about the community and people called in (including me) and talked all the time about the various issues of the community and I don't think there is another radio station in the area that has a similar format.

The news article didn't say why the format was cancelled and the air staff fired but usually when this sort of thing happens its because of low ratings.

I ranted before about how WJJZ and its smooth jazz format was cancelled but I have since found out that they moved down the dial to 96.5. Maybe the same thing will happen with WHAT?

No comments: