Sunday, October 29, 2006

Did You Hear About Rite Aid?

I was surprised about it when I heard it on the news! I found out that they are talking about the stores in NJ only - not the ones in PA. There is a lawsuit against Rite Aid because they sold baby formula that had expired. Over-the-counter medications and other baby foods were also being sold that had expired. The reason why this caught my ear is because there is a Rite Aid near me that I shop at (and no I haven't bought any baby formula there or anywhere yet) and because I used to work overnights at ShopRite alongside the people that stocked and restocked the shelves. I hope this doesn't give them a bad "rep" because I know how hard they work. Rite Aid says that they are going to "re-train" their staff - another not too good sign.

They are also being accused of fraud pricing tactics such as charging a higher price than what the shelf price of the product was. Again Rite Aid said that they were going to "re-train" their staff. You can read the full story by going to:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4284468.html

No comments: