Thursday, July 26, 2007

Renderosity.com

If you're into 3D graphics then Renderosity.com is just the place for you!

Personally I love 3D graphics but I haven't had much time to work with them. I have a couple of 3D programs like Bryce (which I was able to get via a free legitimate download, Terragen which is also a free 3D graphics program that helps you to create scenic terrains and I have Wings3D which I haven't figured out how to work with yet. I would LOVE to have a copy of Poser! Poser is a 3D program that helps you to create human looking figures - but Poser costs a lot - but it's definitely worth it when I do have the money to purchase it.

But getting back to Renderosity.com its a great place for 3D artists and wannabe 3D artists. You do have to register and join before you can post to the forums but it is free to register. Once you register you will be privy to a welath of information concerning 3D art and artists. However 2D artists participate as well. They have message forums for software programs, 3d artists, writers and a whole lot more!

What I especially love about this site is the number of free 3D models that you can download and I will admit to downloading some of them myself! There are some great 3d models that you can download for free!

They also have contests and challenges. They also have an artists' gallery where you can showcase your work. You can sell your 3d-related work on Renderosity as well!

Renderosity.com is a great place for 3d artists and for people like me - 3d wannabe artists.

No comments: