Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Widgets!

My brother has told me that his latest discovery online is widgets! What are widgets? They are these little boxes of programs and/or information that you can put on your website or or your desktop. I have a few of them on my blog here. For example I have a Twitter widget box that lets you see an update on what I'm doing. I also have a little widget box on my blog that tells you the current weather conditions in my area which is the Philadelphia area.

Of course these aren't the only kind of widgets out there. There are many, many more of them! You can add a clock to your website or desktop, you can add interesting facts and information about almost any type of subject.

Google has a whole lot of widgets that you can choose from! And if you want to find more widgets all you have to do is use one of the popular search engines (like Google or Yahoo).

Basically having a widget means that you add some programming code to your website or blog. Each should have their own instructions on how you can add them to your desktop or website.

No comments: