Monday, May 07, 2007

Twitter.com

Just found another interesting website called Twitter.com. Basically what it is a website where you can post what you're doing and when you're doing it. That way you can let people know what you are doing and when you are doing it. Besides updating what you're doing to the website you can also update it via your cellphone and/or your IM service. I haven't tried that yet as I just found out about the website and just posted one message.

It does fit in with the original intention that I had for this blog which was to let my brother know what I was doing and what was going on here in Philadelphia.

So far I see that a lot of people are using this site to let others know about what they are doing. Of course some people are using it for other things other than what the site was intended for but a lot of the people are posting their updates.

I know it may seem like a novelty kind of thing but I thought it was pretty interesting and let's see how long I can keep this up.

It is a pretty good idea for being able to keep track of another person.

8/28/08 Update! - Twitter Suspended Accounts!

It is quite possible that you might get your Twitter.com account suspended! I got an email saying that someone was "following" me on Twitter and when I went to check out their Twitter.com page the site said that the account was suspended! Here is an excerpt from the Twitter.com site:

"A Twitter account may be suspended for a variety of reasons. The most common of which is automated mass following or other types of spammy behavior."

You can find out more about this by clicking here.


8/6/08 Update! - If you belong to Twitter.com then you should definitely ead this blog post about a kind of spam-related link targeted towards Twitter users!

It seems that there are links provided in some Twitter messages that if you click on them will lead you to an adult-related site that you have to pay for in order to look at the adult pictures!

So Be Careful Out There!


No comments: