Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Powell Funeral Home!

This is the funeral home that did my mother's service. I chose them because they were the same funeral home that did my father's service more than 20 years ago! Imagine using the same funeral home without even talking to them in 20 years (in fact I didn't talk to them those 20 years ago because I was quite young and quite out of it at the time of my father's funeral).

Well as it turns out I had NOTHING to worry about because my mother's funeral service was absolutely beautiful! The service (including the music) was just like a inspirational church service and that includes the sermonizing by the pastor who presided over the funeral.

Even though my mother's funeral was a few months ago I kept saying to myself (and to one of the staff members) that I was going to mention them in my blog. Of course I hadn't gotten around to it until now mostly because I was down there today and I was telling them how memorable my mother's funeral was and that made me remember about how I said that I was going to mention them.

I'm going to put their full information on my blog. Talking about a funeral home might seem creepy to some but this one did an excellent job!

No comments: